Saturday, February 12, 2011

My First Post. 2/12/11

What an eventful week and COLD one too!

First off, this was my third week of field experience with my 2nd grade class at PLS. I am in the process of completing the second portion of my TWS and making 2 lesson plans for when I teach next week. I'm really excited! I have decided to teach the students about how to write paragraphs by first creating a web map. In elementary school this mapping strategy helped me to visually see my ideas and I still use it today.

Second, projects, projects, projects! I have many of these coming up in my literacy classes as well as educational technology in the next few weeks. After my field experience is completed here in this next week I'll have more time on my hands to get a lot of these done.

Because this week has been stressful I haven't had a lot of break time. But, I got to spend some time with the girls on Wednesday going to ColdStone :) Mmm... And of course eating dinner and just clearing my head of school with Andy.

Lastly, Home Sweet Home! Leslie picked me up yesterday from UNI and the family is all together. I have been waiting for this weekend forEVER and I'm loving every minute of it. I was at a show choir competition ALL day today and we left tonight with 1st Place (Congrats Eddie Chad ;)

Tomorrow will be back to reality again but I am ready to conquer it all! Hope you have a great week and Happy Valentine's Day <3

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment