Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Motivation and Focus....

So what has school been like for the past week and a half?
Start Rant
So the past few weeks I have had a heck of a time getting to my homework and taking less than 2 hours to complete any paper. I don't know what it is, the weather, being SICK of writing papers over educational ideals (or even worse, observations in a classroom), not entirely liking any of the classes I'm in right now to the extent that I've enjoyed my other classes, or just a combination of all the above, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to stay on task and focus!


As I'm writing this, I have 2 math papers (yes, papers, not problems out of a book, but papers over problems in a book and scoring tests, etc) open on my computer. I feel as if I'm sitting in front of my computer for hours on end, doing busywork just so a professor can give me a grade. How are all these papers going to help me teach if it's midterm and I have yet to actually try any of these techniques I write about? Words on paper only mean so much.
End Rant


...Anyway! Do any friends or family that read this have any recommendations or ideas as to how I can remedy this sudden case of ADHD? And no guys, more Call of Duty is most definitely not going to help!

On a better note, I think I'm going to start running again! I know, I know, I say this EVERY spring and do nothing about it! Well after how my calves felt after the Dance Party downstairs last Thursday (the same feeling I used to get  after running 10 miles) I've decided it's time to get back at it!

Speaking of dancing, I FINALLY got to do the Interlude at halftime of the Mens BBall game last Saturday! Which was awesome! Here's the video! Don't know what this Interlude thing is? Click that link above and you can dance it too! ;)

Oh, and in case you missed me..... here's where I am...
How could you miss that? ;)

Well, I think this little rant describes how the past week and a half has been with school! Tuesday's just about over, which means my week is half done! Cross your fingers for smooth sailing from this point on!

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment