Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Week!

Monday- Valentine's Day!
Andy's V-day Present!
I had another great Valentine's Day. I had night class until 8 so Andy and I decided to celebrate after. He surprised me with hearts on my dorm door and then made spaghetti. Yes, he made dinner! I am so proud of him. We also rented The Social Network movie and I still don't know what to think of it...i may need to watch it again when I'm not stressed out. Therefore, we called our night early and wrote papers for our classes.

Tuesday- Day 1/2
Today was day one of two teaching a lesson in the 2nd grade classroom. It went really great! We didn't get through much of the lesson but it was a great start. 

Wednesday- Day 2/2
I taught my second lesson today. It was a little rough partly because the students were not focusing and therefore didn't understand what I was trying to teach them. I stayed for a half hour more and wrapped up the lesson. After teaching, I was absolutely worn out and disappointed how the teaching went. But, it was a learning experience and I know what I need to improve on.

Thursday- Group Work
Today was a rough day! Even though my teaching is over there is still a lot of work to do. I met with a couple groups today for projects due next week so I have a head start. Shull hall hosted the "Rave for Hunger" tonight from 8:30-10:00. We didn't have a great turnout but it was a blast being with everyone who came. I definitely danced all my worries and stress away of the week. Oh and I ate a couple cookies, mmm..

Friday- Last day!
Today was the last day of observing in PLS. After observing, Andy picked me up and I treated him to Scratch Cupcakery off of Main St. in Cedar Falls. There were so many to choose from, we left there with 1 peanut butter cup cupcake, 1 wedding day cupcake, and 2 fresh lemonades. It was delicious and we can't wait to try ALL of them. A few hours later, our group of friends attended the Waterloo Black Hawks hockey game and had a movie night with food and Despicable Me. 


This weekend I am home seeing my grandpa who just recently had surgery and my grandma as well. I am so glad to be home with the family again!


~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment